www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 4th of July
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:32 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Is anyone doing the 4th of July parade that is in San Diego. I think it was in Mira Mar?

Joe

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:32 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

No one that I know of is planing to enter a group into the Mira Mesa 4th of July parade. The guy (Lee Hedges) who put it all together in the past has long sense moved away. However..... He didn't move that far north sooooooo there may be one planed for the Oceanside 4th of July parade. I'll check into it and post back here.
Last year PA also put together a group for the OB parade, but I don't think it was for the 4th of July. I'll check into it and post back here.

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:12 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

My bus started a "tradition" of doing the 4th of July parade, right after I got it in 2001 and have been in one ever since! :D

After the Oseanside parade last year we had "VIP" parking right by the pier creating a somewhat improptu car show. It was a lot of fun plus we didn't have the hassle of trying to find parking for our group. Not to mention that the 4th of july festivities go pretty much all day there! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:26 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

OK, I've heard back from both people who have in the past organized groups for 4th of July parades and neither one organized a group this year. Soooooo I guess you all get to go as spectators this year. :cry:
It's not to early to think about 2006. If you want to organize a VW group for next year, 2006, just go to any one of the neighborhood parades and ask. Once you have the information post it here and we'll get the word out to your fellow ACVWs. It's that easy.

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:56 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Thanks Chris

We can always count on you!

Looks like we have to go to plan B (whatever that is)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:12 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Semi-hijack here. :?

My plan "B" is an engine swap weekend! :( You may ask: engine swap weekend? Who takes a whole weekend to swap an engine? :?

Well, the answer to that is he who is swaping an in-line six on a '71 Benzo, that's who! :roll:

Since the "other" engine blew a rod right through the iron block a couple of weeks ago, this beautiful vehicle has been sitting in the driveway just taking space. I finally scored a motor, will pick it up today thanks to David and his BIG TRUCK, and will be swaping it this weekend. The month of July is going to be a "full" one for us having commitments for every weekend except for this one so the job has to happen now. Needless to say, I could use all the help I can get but don't go feeling guilty if you can't make it as I got pretty much all the tools and equipment needed and am used to doing everything with just the three of us... me, myself & I! :lol:

Anyway, have a happy and safe 4th of July! 8)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:50 am 
Board Member

What is your schedule like? I may be able to help out but of course I have to clear it with the wife. Pencil me in for Sunday. If we finish early, maybe we can swap out the front beam in the SC. Should I bring refreshments??

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:53 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

coolerthanelvis wrote:
What is your schedule like? I may be able to help out but of course I have to clear it with the wife. Pencil me in for Sunday. If we finish early, maybe we can swap out the front beam in the SC. Should I bring refreshments??

"Refreshments" are always welcomed! :P

Already got the motor and started clearing the way, i.e. removing the radiator, grill, etc. Should have the broke motor just ready to pull out by Saturday morning. Hopefully it'll all be a clean swap without much issues though this motor seems a bit newer as it has a couple of subtle differences than the existing one. So obviously there will be some parts from the "old" needing to go on the "new". :?

However, one way or another, or another or another, whatever it takes, the motor has to be in the car and running by the end of the weekend! :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:39 pm 
Board Member

So should I submit the special request chit for saturday vice sunday, then?

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:09 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

I'd go for both! :? The sooner we get done the more time we have for your truck. Plus we can always work on both at the same time. There's always some procedure that can only use 1 person at a time on it. Like say, while I'm torquing a manifold in you can be cutting the beam loose and like that. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:51 am 
Board Member

Special request chit for both days was shot down. Sorry. I have permission for one day and part of another after the little one goes down for a nap. So what time should I be there Saturday?

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:56 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Whenever you're good & ready. You know I'm an early riser though, I may have that witch half way out by the time you show up! :o

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:54 pm 
Board Member

pyrOman wrote:
Whenever you're good & ready. You know I'm an early riser though, I may have that witch half way out by the time you show up! :o

Damn, you've caught on to my clever ploy. I was gonna show up at 11 and help you put the hood back on before starting on my truck. 8)

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:17 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

By now you all should know that though I do welcome any and all help I can get, I do not sit idle simply waiting for someone to get going! :wink:

BTW, talk about thread jacking! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:05 pm 
Webmaster

pyrOman wrote:
By now you all should know that though I do welcome any and all help I can get, I do not sit idle simply waiting for someone to get going! :wink:

It's become common place around here

SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:01 pm 
Board Member

Quote:
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:13 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

iveedubbin wrote:
pyrOman wrote:

It's become common place around here

And on that note.... :roll:

Yanked the Benzo's motor. Not without a fight though. You see, when a rod goes through the side of a motor, it just does not want to "turn" and it NEEDS to turn in order to cut loose the torque converter. So after "almost" pulling both together, I decided to force it out with the coverter on. With this goner motor out and way up on the hoist I got to really see all the damage. :shock: It was much more severe than I thought. Not that it made any difference, a motor that goes BOOM!!! is worthless no matter severe the damage. :lol:

Anyway, even with the perenial roadblock at every damn turn, the replacement motor is in already. Still need to tie up a few loose ends but hopefully will start it up tomorrow and maybe have me some kinda nice 4th of July on Monday. :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:33 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Happy Independence day to you Pyro and everyone. I'll be on the road that day. BTW, last summer Heidi & I bought a mountain of fireworks in Ohio and have nowhere to blow them up.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:32 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Thanks, and happy 4th of July to everyone! :D

While you are at it please do remember that FREEDOM ins't free :!: While we all should do whatever it takes to preserve it, the #1 defeners of freedom are the ALL VOLUNTEER members of our armed forces. Needless to say they risk their own life so you don't have to, not to mention the time they spend away from their family in some forsaken place. :?

On this day, as much as every day if not more so, I salute and thank deeply any and all military members AND their family for they also sacrifice on the "home front" so that those on the war front can concentrate on the job at hand. :wink:

So I raise my glass and toast one for our great Nation and those who keep it such! 8)

Post subject: Update
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:02 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Hope you all had a great 4th! :D

My weekend was full of wrenching and grease but at least 2 important things got accomplished. My Benzo is back on the road and "cooler Elvis's" single cab has a "fresh" front beam not to mention a bit of extra R&R which was needed also. :P

This month of July looks to be a very busy one so it was okay to spend the long weekend getting all that work taken care of. Next week is the panic :shock: followed by my drive to Vegas and back to meet Mr. Kotter at "Isla de Party". I did have a Pismo Beach campout the following weekend but that isn't going to happen. There's prolly something else going on also. And finally there's the campout at the end of the month. 8)