www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

May 01, 2016 - Spring Picnic hosted by Orange Empire Bus Company
Yorba Linda, California

Don't miss out on the 17th Annual Spring Picnic hosted by The Orange Empire Bus Company. This year like last year, the show will be held at the end of the road on the campground side and not in the past area up front. So with this said, where you end up camping, this will be your spot for the show! So come out and enjoy the day parked on grass under large trees. Gates open at 6:30 in the morning. The day will be packed full of fun.

-Hot-Dog Fred will be on-scene grilling up his legendary Bratwursts and Hot-Dogs.
-Our swap meet is expected to be full to capacity.
-And we will once again be running SLOW-DRAGS. Slow drags are free to enter with two classes (type 2 and all other VWs) The winner of each class wins a $200 Gift Certificate donated by Wolfsburg West.
-Bring family and friends and enjoy a truly unique Volkswagen event in a truly unique park setting.
- Admission is free to drivers of aircooled VWs. Passengers and spectators pay a low $5 each
-ALL-Aircooled VW campout starts Thursday, May 28th at noon.
-All Aircooled VW "drive-in" will be set up Saturday night again, compliments of Jebus with free popcorn served by Wolfsburg West.
DON'T MISS IT!!

Email springpicnicinfo@gmail.com for more info.

April 28, 2016 - Spring Picnic Campout
Yorba Linda, California

Bring your friends and family and come out for the Pre-Spring Picnic Campout. The fun starts at Noon on Friday and continues until early Sunday morning where the even-more-fun Spring Picnic begins. Bring your barbecues and ice chests and enjoy camping on grass with LOTS of other VWs. Saturday at dusk we will once again be setting up the big screen and showing a Volkswagen extravaganza on the big screen compliments of "the Jebus" with free popcorn from your friends at Wolfsburg West. Campout is open to AIRCOOLED VWs only. $20 per night/per vehicle. No prereservation is required.

Email springpicnicinfo@gmail.com for more info.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:29 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Any of you 3.64 cats and/or lurkers hanging in here planning on going? :-s

I know I am! :razz:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 am 
Board Member

I was planning on going not sure now, still need to put another genny in and by the time I get home from work me no got da time!

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top (went to a good home)
03 Passat (gone)
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:10 pm 
Board Member

looking better, I came home early, I'm the boss, pulled the motor, going to swap the genny tomorrow and put the engine
back in so I might be going!!!

65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
03 Passat (gone)
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:28 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Can I hitch a ride? 8-[

Monday night coming home from the bowling alley the Dormy was running just bitchen! :smile:

Tuesday morning I fired it up to go to work and it was running on 2 cylinders! :-s

Figured maybe it was just too cold and needed a bit of warm up so I took off. A block later it wasn't getting any better so rather than push it all the way and risking yet another tow episode, decided to turn around. By the time I made it home in just a couple of minutes, it wouldn't even idle any more! :sad:

Parked it and took the Plump Truck to work. Later looked into it but can't figure out just what went wrong after sitting over night. Today I will take the valve covers off and look for any issues in there. May even swap plug cables or something. :-/

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:36 am 
Board Member

It's always something!
Not sure if I will be going I have out of town guest from Virginia,
my oldest grandson and his wife!

65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
03 Passat (gone)
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 am 
Sunshine

pyrOman wrote:
Can I hitch a ride? 8-[

Monday night coming home from the bowling alley the Dormy was running just bitchen! :smile:

Tuesday morning I fired it up to go to work and it was running on 2 cylinders! :-s

Figured maybe it was just too cold and needed a bit of warm up so I took off. A block later it wasn't getting any better so rather than push it all the way and risking yet another tow episode, decided to turn around. By the time I made it home in just a couple of minutes, it wouldn't even idle any more! :sad:

Parked it and took the Plump Truck to work. Later looked into it but can't figure out just what went wrong after sitting over night. Today I will take the valve covers off and look for any issues in there. May even swap plug cables or something. :-/

Keep it simple, I'd look at the ignition system.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:53 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

One thing I suspect is (worse case scenario :-/ ) a broken valve spring. I've done it while driving, major issue, as well as just revving a bit and broke but easing it home, changing the spring and saved. The dizzy is an old school Truaft with a Pertronix unit, but plain old cap since there are no replacements for it. Plug wires also do fail at times for no apparent reason. Will pull the plugs too. Might look into the carb bowls since even though I pulled what I think was the source for the "pulp" found in the filter (as you all know now), I did see some of it in the filter yesterday. :???:

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:16 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Up cheet's creek! :sad:

Got home 'bout quarter to 4 pm yesterday. Tried the "simple" stuff first but from the first thing that didn't work I said screw it and rather than waste time "testing", opened the valve covers. Quite possibly be very bad! The intake valve on #1 is stuck half way open. It's either bent, which follows with "why?", or it dropped the valve seat. In either case, it prolly messed up the piston too! :-x

So, quick thinking... I gots 3 vehicles. This puts the Dormy out of commission. Well hell! Can't really camp in the Plump Truck, much less the Bug!?! :-s

So I dropped the Dormy's engine, it's no good as it is anyway. Then jacked up the Bug, yanked the engine of it and shoved it into the Dormy... all inside a couple of hours! :evil:

I will be going to Featherly after all! Hopefully I can find a good deal on a set of heads, maybe some jugs too!?! [-o<

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:12 am 
Board Member

Just another project for you.
Knowing you, it will be fixed in no time!!
What engine was in the bug?

65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
03 Passat (gone)
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:01 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Slayer wrote:
What engine was in the bug?

The low-oil-pressure-needs-rebuild, 100 cammed, progressive carbed 1600dp. Did the same a while back which prompted me to fix the stroker quickly after the obvious power difference between the two. :neutral:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

They don't call you "Ivan the Magician" for nothing. (btw, I don't really know who calls you that, but they should!) If anyone can fix this mess, you can. I'll continue to watch from behind the sofa...lol.

Tony

SV2s Member#129

Unread postPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

For "the rest of the story", go to Broke Yet Again! :neutral: