www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Key codes
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7215
Location: Oceanside, CA
So I was told that on the lock tumbler that there is a code. This code represents the key code in the event a new key was needed to be cut, they would use this code to know what to cut.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? If I gave Gabriel the code, could he cut me new keys? He is going to charge me $50 a lock to rekey it and I really don't have $200 right now to spend on this but want that piece of mind that the doors are locked.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key codes
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 2820
Location: San Diego
der58SC wrote:
So I was told that on the lock tumbler that there is a code. This code represents the key code in the event a new key was needed to be cut, they would use this code to know what to cut.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? If I gave Gabriel the code, could he cut me new keys? He is going to charge me $50 a lock to rekey it and I really don't have $200 right now to spend on this but want that piece of mind that the doors are locked.

Any help on this would be appreciated.


That's a rip off.
I have a guy five blocks from my house. I give him the code he has the blanks, it's like $20 a key last time if that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key codes
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7215
Location: Oceanside, CA
Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:
So I was told that on the lock tumbler that there is a code. This code represents the key code in the event a new key was needed to be cut, they would use this code to know what to cut.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? If I gave Gabriel the code, could he cut me new keys? He is going to charge me $50 a lock to rekey it and I really don't have $200 right now to spend on this but want that piece of mind that the doors are locked.

Any help on this would be appreciated.


That's a rip off.
I have a guy five blocks from my house. I give him the code he has the blanks, it's like $20 a key last time if that.



I never checked with him on the cost of just the keys. Well I emailed him the same as above asking if he could cut keys based on the code but no answer.

If your guy can do it for $20 a key, then I would rather do that.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key codes
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3316
Location: San Diego
der58SC wrote:
Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:
So I was told that on the lock tumbler that there is a code. This code represents the key code in the event a new key was needed to be cut, they would use this code to know what to cut.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? If I gave Gabriel the code, could he cut me new keys? He is going to charge me $50 a lock to rekey it and I really don't have $200 right now to spend on this but want that piece of mind that the doors are locked.

Any help on this would be appreciated.


That's a rip off.
I have a guy five blocks from my house. I give him the code he has the blanks, it's like $20 a key last time if that.



I never checked with him on the cost of just the keys. Well I emailed him the same as above asking if he could cut keys based on the code but no answer.



If your guy can do it for $20 a key, then I would rather do that.


If you lock your bus it only keeps the honest guy out!!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key codes
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7215
Location: Oceanside, CA
I have always said that if someone wants you vehicle bad enough, they will figure out a way to get it. Nothing will stop them. I just want some piece of mind knowing that if I park it somewhere, no one will trash and go through it.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group