Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How 'bout that?!?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:30 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

From thedrambadotcom's forums:

Gerson wrote:
Paul I remember speaking with you a few months back....I also remember explaining to you how difficult of an endeavor it would be to bring a repro split bus to market.....we have been working towards this goal for the last 13 years.....those who know me personally, and those who have been on this site for the last 10 years have seen the slow, steady progress we have been making towards this goal......there are pictures on this site of the 8 or so buses we have built practically from scratch, the last one being the 54 RHD Kombi from New Zealand.

I no longer post on this site, but I do read what is posted on here from time to time. I was speaking with my New Zealand distributor yesterday and he suggested I come on and read up on this thread.... We continue to work towards a Kit Built Barndoor Deluxe, Standard, Kombi, Panel and S/C, we are now about a year to two years away from having all the tooling done, like I said, it has taken us a good 10 years to get to where we are at.

A project of this magnitude is a MAJOR technical undertaking, not to mention the 5 to 7 million Dollars we have invested over the last 10 years, all of it self financed, SUGAR HONEY ICED TEA, if I had to do it over again, I would not, but.. I am not very bright...there are WAY easier ways of making a living/money....but this sure is fun!!!!

So, to answer Paul's question of whether there is someone who would take this on.....we have taken it on, we have been on this for over 10 years, we are almost ready to bring this product/products to market...we will have a 100% complete shell ready to show to the public soon...maybe at SEMA/THE CLASSIC/HEISSICH OLDENDORF/EBI/VOLKSWORLD....maybe at all these events.......and BTW, this will not be a look alike, these will be 100% authentic looking vehicles, identical to the originals, all have been reversed engineered, using all the latest technology tools available...laser scanners, Catia software,Delcam software, CNC mills, 7axis robots.. etc.etc.

I will keep you posted with the details on price, the legal issues (we have hired several lawyers who are experts with the whole kit car issue)..time frame for orders, deliveries, technical aspects to keep in mind, VINS etc.etc...

We are almost there!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

:shock:

Post subject: Re: How 'bout that?!?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 am 
Board Member

wow that would be awesome to be able to pick what year and model you want.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?