www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:43 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10412
Location: Sun Diego
iveedubbin wrote:
pyrOman wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
Here is the new link to the NEW gallery
Thanks Stan and Spirit =D>

http://www.sv2s.com/community1/gallery/index.php

Kool, but I don't see a button for "uploading" pictures!?! :???:



I still have to play around a bit to configure it, it was late last night and didn't review it much. You have to go into your USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS.

I'll keep playing with it and keep you all posted.

Thanks! :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:23 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:30 pm
Posts: 487
iveedubbin wrote:


I still have to play around a bit to configure it, it was late last night and didn't review it much. You have to go into your USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS.

I'll keep playing with it and keep you all posted.

I tried to "manage personal albums"
I don't have permission to do that?

_________________
Member# 142


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:18 am 
Offline
Board Member

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:38 pm
Posts: 942
Location: Beautiful San Diego, CA
It also yelled at me when I tried to Create Personal Album. Guess I'm not one of the beautiful people.

_________________
"Do or do not. There is no try."-Silent Bob


Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3316
Location: San Diego
lost :?: the :idea: has not come on yet!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10412
Location: Sun Diego
Russell wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:


I still have to play around a bit to configure it, it was late last night and didn't review it much. You have to go into your USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS.

I'll keep playing with it and keep you all posted.

I tried to "manage personal albums"
I don't have permission to do that?


coolerthanelvis wrote:
It also yelled at me when I tried to Create Personal Album. Guess I'm not one of the beautiful people.


I believe it still needs some tweeking! At least we cleared a major hurdle now so please give it just a bit more time. :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
pyrOman wrote:
Russell wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:


I still have to play around a bit to configure it, it was late last night and didn't review it much. You have to go into your USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS.

I'll keep playing with it and keep you all posted.

I tried to "manage personal albums"
I don't have permission to do that?


coolerthanelvis wrote:
It also yelled at me when I tried to Create Personal Album. Guess I'm not one of the beautiful people.


I believe it still needs some tweeking! At least we cleared a major hurdle now so please give it just a bit more time. :cool:


Yes, it's giving me the same message. I'll work on it in the next few days. Please be patient. :grin:

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:17 pm 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:11 pm
Posts: 456
Location: La Mesa
Big Ups to David for getting back and running on the Forum...thanks man!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:02 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
OK, I figured out the gallery issue.

I have created 7 albums(We can create more if we need to) any registered user can upload images by simply clicking on the Image button.


You can also create your very own picture gallery through your user control panel.
Go to USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS>UPLOAD IMAGE
These galleries are by permission only, so I took the list of the most "ACTIVE" users on the forums and gave each one of the permission to create their own gallery.

You can upload up to 10 images at a time either your personal album, or for the general albums.


Check it out and let me know if anyone has any issues.
David

You can check out my gallery here
http://www.sv2s.com/community1/gallery/album.php?album_id=1

You are limited to max 1MB size file, so you'll have to resize the pictures if they are over that size.

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Return to the index page
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/ca_black/template/gallery/ucp_gallery.html does not exist or is empty
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: david@sv2s.com

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10412
Location: Sun Diego
iveedubbin wrote:
OK, I figured out the gallery issue.

You can also create your very own picture gallery through your user control panel.
Go to USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS>...


Quote:
You don't have the permissions create your personal album


:cry:

iveedubbin wrote:


Quote:
You are not authorised to access this area.


:sad:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:28 am 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
OK, should be available now.

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
iveedubbin wrote:
OK, should be available now.


pyrOman wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
OK, I figured out the gallery issue.

You can also create your very own picture gallery through your user control panel.
Go to USER CONTROL PANEL>GALLERY>MANAGE PERSONAL ALBUMS>...


Quote:
You don't have the permissions create your personal album


:cry:

iveedubbin wrote:


Quote:
You are not authorised to access this area.


:sad:




:cry:

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 pm 
Offline
SV2s Noobie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Central Coast, CA
I just created a personal subalbum and added photos successfully.

gallery/album.php?album_id=12

_________________
Brian O'Kelly
Central Coast Chapter, VVWCA


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:03 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
Sweet, four members have created their albums, Russell, Ivan Brian and myself. Good to see the gallery being used.

Couple of things to deal with......
1. I need to update the gallery
2. I know it's running slow(Forums and Gallery). I will contact Stan(VTO) and see what we can do about this.


Also, I will do what I can in the next few weeks to download the pics from the old gallery and I will post them on the site somewhere so people can recover their pics.

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:48 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10412
Location: Sun Diego
iveedubbin wrote:
Also, I will do what I can in the next few weeks to download the pics from the old gallery and I will post them on the site somewhere so people can recover their pics.

=D>


I have just 1 issue with the "new" gallery. Unlike the "old" one, I can't seem to find an address for the picture which ends with ".jpg" or the like, in order to be able to post them elsewhere like in thedrambadotcom!?! :???:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:01 am 
Offline
Little League Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:25 pm
Posts: 1763
Location: San Diego
Depending on what browser you are using just right click on the full size picture and select "copy Img URL" or something like that. It will give you the link location to past between the img code

_________________
Member #478
*SBS #16*
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 am 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
pyrOman wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
Also, I will do what I can in the next few weeks to download the pics from the old gallery and I will post them on the site somewhere so people can recover their pics.

=D>


I have just 1 issue with the "new" gallery. Unlike the "old" one, I can't seem to find an address for the picture which ends with ".jpg" or the like, in order to be able to post them elsewhere like in thedrambadotcom!?! :???:



ACTUALLY :grin:
If you look below the image, you have two options for it's url
Option 1: "Image BBCode" You can copy the picture and post the pic as a thumbnail link
See Below......
Image


Option 2: "Image - URL" You can copy the image address and post it as a pic.
See below........
Image

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
I guess I will never be able to create my own gallery. :sad:

There isn't a black template for the gallery section.



der58SC wrote:
Return to the index page
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/ca_black/template/gallery/ucp_gallery.html does not exist or is empty
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: david@sv2s.com

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:15 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4056
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
der58SC wrote:
I guess I will never be able to create my own gallery. :sad:

There isn't a black template for the gallery section.



der58SC wrote:
Return to the index page
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/ca_black/template/gallery/ucp_gallery.html does not exist or is empty
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: david@sv2s.com



Sorry, the gallery is only available in subsilver2 :sad:

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:13 am 
Offline
SV2s Graucho
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:52 am
Posts: 4382
Location: San Diego,ca-usa
der58SC wrote:
I guess I will never be able to create my own gallery. :sad:

There isn't a black template for the gallery section.

is the black to contrast your chrome? i don't know much about computor talk. :grin:

_________________
SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group