www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:57 am
Posts: 1178
Location: Lakewood, CA
Just a reminder to everyone, the OC meeting traditionally is held at Hot Dog Fred's house for the June meeting and this year it will be on the Monday (June 4th) of the VW Classic week. Normally, the OC Chapter meets on the first Tuesday but not in June. If you need directions to Fred's house, contact your Chapter Rep or ask around. I don't want to publish his address openly.

Image
Tony

_________________
Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF...lol.

SV2s Member#129


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:12 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:15 pm
Posts: 2702
Location: SoCal
Time?

_________________
'67 Beetle
'67 Squareback
'66 Sundial
'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: San Diego
suebug wrote:
Time?


my watch say's it is 9:23 am this beautiful Sat morn.

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:05 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Sue, I will be sure to smack Chris right up side the head next time I see him.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:54 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:57 am
Posts: 1178
Location: Lakewood, CA
Chris, your watch is off as it's actually 7:30 am on a Monday morning.



William, the get-together usually gets going around 6:00 pm. Fred cooks up a bunch of brauts and everyone else brings in an item for the potluck. It's a fun evening full of seeing new and old faces and lots of VW stories.

Image

_________________
Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF...lol.

SV2s Member#129


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
papaT64 wrote:
Chris, your watch is off as it's actually 7:30 am on a Monday morning.



William, the get-together usually gets going around 6:00 pm. Fred cooks up a bunch of brauts and everyone else brings in an item for the potluck. It's a fun evening full of seeing new and old faces and lots of VW stories.

Image



Sue was actually asking not me. ;-)

It does sound like fun though.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10433
Location: Sun Diego
der58SC wrote:
papaT64 wrote:
Chris, your watch is off as it's actually 7:30 am on a Monday morning.



William, the get-together usually gets going around 6:00 pm. Fred cooks up a bunch of brauts and everyone else brings in an item for the potluck. It's a fun evening full of seeing new and old faces and lots of VW stories.

Image



Sue was actually asking not me. ;-)

It does sound like fun though.

Sure is the shindig to attend at the very least once in your life! This is THE opening event of the Classic week! You'll definitely get to "rub elbows" with almost all the high muckety mucks of the scene which come from all over the world for the Classic. There's snacky foods aplenty, beer, a pool table, and even a vintage "Playboy" pinball machine to play without chucking in a single quarter! Not to mention gawking over HDF's vast collection of collectibles collected in his yard and garage! :razz:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Well if life permits me to go, I will. That is still baseball season (Playoffs and yes my son's team is going to the playoffs) so if I can go, I will scrape my steering box up there.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:23 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:15 pm
Posts: 2702
Location: SoCal
pyrOman wrote:
der58SC wrote:
papaT64 wrote:
Chris, your watch is off as it's actually 7:30 am on a Monday morning.



William, the get-together usually gets going around 6:00 pm. Fred cooks up a bunch of brauts and everyone else brings in an item for the potluck. It's a fun evening full of seeing new and old faces and lots of VW stories.

Image



Sue was actually asking not me. ;-)

It does sound like fun though.

Sure is the shindig to attend at the very least once in your life! This is THE opening event of the Classic week! You'll definitely get to "rub elbows" with almost all the high muckety mucks of the scene which come from all over the world for the Classic. There's snacky foods aplenty, beer, a pool table, and even a vintage "Playboy" pinball machine to play without chucking in a single quarter! Not to mention gawking over HDF's vast collection of collectibles collected in his yard and garage! :razz:


Holy cow, I'd better go then! For sure! Righteous! Be there or be square! Or talked about! :grin: :smile: :cool: =D> :roll: #-o O:) \:D/

_________________
'67 Beetle
'67 Squareback
'66 Sundial
'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
Lurking
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:24 am
Posts: 1479
Location: "The OC"
I might go...if someone reminds me.

_________________
66 Westy SO42 -- Tin Top
63 Sub Hatch Westy -- THE HATCH
66 Custom Kombi -- GONE TO IRELAND
SV2s #425
"Craig from LA"
_________________
"Three out of four voices in my head say 'Go for it'."


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: San Diego
Turbo_g wrote:
I might go...if someone reminds me.



=P~ :lol:

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
Board Member

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:38 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Beautiful San Diego, CA
Once again, work gets in the way of having a life. I'll be stuck in Norfolk most of June. Dammit, missing another OCTO.

_________________
"Do or do not. There is no try."-Silent Bob


Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:06 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: San Diego
coolerthanelvis wrote:
Dammit, missing another OCTO.


And The Classic!!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:05 pm
Posts: 526
Location: costa mesa calif.
:bbq2: :coffeetime: Look's like I won't be quite up and around enough to make it to Freds. this is not quite the cake walk they described" " " and it is one of my favoret get together's.

_________________
sv2s member #445 one of the hard core 5, and now there's a 6th.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:19 pm 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:15 pm
Posts: 2702
Location: SoCal
I'll be there in a WCVW. Coming straight from work with cookies on board.

_________________
'67 Beetle
'67 Squareback
'66 Sundial
'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:31 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10433
Location: Sun Diego
Great times at HDF's last night, as it usually is for this GTG! :razz:

Got to talk with long time SV2s club member Mike Saucedo for quite a while. Only see him on an occassional cameo appearnace at every other OCTO. He brought a very nice and kool Margarita machine which was awesome! :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group