www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

I am tring not to hijack this thread. PM me for details.

Thank you Slayer.

Coolerthanelvis check out the an up coming newsletter. ;-)

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 pm 
Webmaster

Got the winners list, matched it to their picture just have to link them and post them. Should be done by tomorrow(Files are on my work computer. There were 4 or 5 winners that I didn't have pictures for.

SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm 
Board Member

Thanks a bunch David.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:30 am 
Webmaster

Almost done

http://www.sv2s.com/ff_18_winners.php

SV2s Member #239
1957 Single Cab

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 am 
Board Member

iveedubbin wrote:

wow it is amazing what cars won first and what cars won second. Just crazy.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am 
Webmaster

der58SC wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:

DONE \:D/

SV2s Member #239
1957 Single Cab

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am 
Board Member

Thank you so much David! I really appreciate it!

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am 
Board Member

der58SC wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:

Agree!! ](*,)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Slayer wrote:
der58SC wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:

Agree!! ](*,)

Umm, yeah, what ^^^ he said.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 am 
Board Member

so I swung by jbugs yesterday to thank them for the continued support of our show. I asked Sam what he thought and his only complaint was something I had no control over. He said he loved the show and it seemed to be a hit. He will be back next year for sure.

So now I am thinking either a Type 34 or Squareback displayed next year. I know it is early but never too early to plan right?

Leo is on trash duty since he said to put him down for trash next year.
Julie and Sue are registration right? How did the remarked cards go? I noticed there was no need to break a tie or find out who had the better car this year.

As for the voting, there is no sure way to keep it so it is fair I believe. If we leave it up to the people that register, then you end up with what we got this year. If you leave it to the spectators, then you will end up with what you got this year. Do we dare have all the volunteers vote?

Again thanks to all that helped. I really appreciate all that work you put in to help me and the show.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am 
Sunshine

der58SC wrote:
so I swung by jbugs yesterday to thank them for the continued support of our show. I asked Sam what he thought and his only complaint was something I had no control over. He said he loved the show and it seemed to be a hit. He will be back next year for sure.

So now I am thinking either a Type 34 or Squareback displayed next year. I know it is early but never too early to plan right?

Julie and Sue are registration right? How did the remarked cards go? I noticed there was no need to break a tie or find out who had the better car this year.

As for the voting, there is no sure way to keep it so it is fair I believe. If we leave it up to the people that register, then you end up with what we got this year. If you leave it to the spectators, then you will end up with what you got this year. Do we dare have all the volunteers vote?

Again thanks to all that helped. I really appreciate all that work you put in to help me and the show.

Its a good idea to do a Squareback display, they are getting more popular.
I will do the swaps again.
As for the show, it is always the same. Some will vote for what they truly think is the nicest car there in the class, others will vote for friends or club members, others will just randomly fill out the card. There was a sizable thread on this after the Classic on the Samba. Some people always argue for there to be "objective" judges, as if, since everyone has a bias. I guess my point is not everyone will be happy as long as there are winners and losers, if you are in this to get trophies then maybe you need to take up bowling where opinions don't count, only pins.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Sunshine wrote:
... if you are in this to get trophies then maybe you need to take up bowling where opinions don't count, only pins.

Boy, ain'tcha mistaken!!! :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

I have gotten some trophies and prob. my friends voting for my Bus" If I as Dan states think of trophies it will make me crazey. bottom line some one is always bigger better faster pretter ect. ect. I am so happy to have meet other campers in sv2's to go on road trips and camp out pot luck's, just great fun. I think or feel car shows can be redundant and pretty much bore me, after seeing 30 or 40 in the past 8-9 years. however I like it when I see new ideas, and aproches to repairing and or restoring Buses. Phill of VTO shared my camp site the night before Big wed. he was in the single cab he just picked up and had installed the tent off a tent traller on the bed of the single cab" it was way cool, I dident have my camera so no pictures , next time I see the truck I will get picts. the tent was done with 1' tubeing for the frame that mounts it to the truck bed, and when the tent is pulled out to use it just touched the ground as to make it perfect hight. the trailer had been in an accident and was shot. so to use the tent was just a great idea.

sv2s member #445 one of the hard core 5, and now there's a 6th.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

der58SC wrote:

Yes, put me down for registration again. Julie and I are a team for sure! Rob's spread sheet really helped with the tallies. Pre-marked cards are a no-brainer and I got to whiff Sharpies in the comfort of my own home for a few hours. Yes there were a few tie-breakers but we didn't tell you cuz you were scampering off somewhere at the time. Real live sv2s officers made the executive decisions on them.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:03 pm 
Board Member

suebug wrote:
der58SC wrote:

Yes, put me down for registration again. Julie and I are a team for sure! Rob's spread sheet really helped with the tallies. Pre-marked cards are a no-brainer and I got to whiff Sharpies in the comfort of my own home for a few hours. Yes there were a few tie-breakers but we didn't tell you cuz you were scampering off somewhere at the time. Real live sv2s officers made the executive decisions on them.

Thanks but next time let me know. I actually got to look at a few VWs this year which is something I never got to do last year.

Thanks!

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:59 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 pm 
Board Member

awesome pictures! Thanks

SV2s #436

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8