www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:08 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

as many know the bug-in raffle is a big revenue generator for the club, we need members to help sell tickets with the help of v.t.o. it is split among us . this year i see around a $1000.00 plus , if no volunteers assist i see the possibilty that we may not get any since v.t.o. is putting the engine together and other raffle prizes. i myself am helping to collect raffle prizes for this event .... we need members to help !

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:07 pm 
SV2s Creative Staff

FYI: May 1, 2011

SV2s Member #81
SBNB #2

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 am 
Board Member

Straight from the Bug-In site....

Quote:
May 1 – Bug-In 36 – Fontana
The Grand Daddy of VW events, Bug-In 36 sponsored by CB Performance, FLAT-4 and CSP, takes place at the Auto Club Dragway in Fontana, CA. The fastest VWs in the United States on the ¼ mile dragstrip, the most beautiful VWs in the US in the car show and one of the biggest all VW swap meets you may ever see. Highlights this year will include; the debut of the Schley Brothers Dragster and “Chop-Top” Lightning Bug sedan, both of which are restored back to the way they were during the Bug-In events of the 1970’s. The BuzzinBee, another restored 70’s gasser will also be there, along with some of the fastest VWs in the World competing in OUTLAW TURBO/VW and SUPER STOCK/VW. There will also be special drag racing classes for Powder-Puff, Busses, 36hp cars and water-pumper VWs. The car show entry and swap spots are still free with spectator admission. New for Bug-In 36 will be a vintage display between the pits and the vender area of rare early VWs that will be attending the VW Treffen in September. There will also be a DKP Club display, Bruce Meyers and the Manx Club and there will also be a special camping display setting up Saturday afternoon, with special awards on Sunday, hosted by West Coast Bays. Oh, and don’t forget the VTO/SV2s club raffle. Top prize will be a complete VW engine! Auto Club Speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Avenue. Fontana, CA 92335. Gates open 6:00am, spectators $20 kids under 12 free, racers $55 car and driver. For further information contact The Bug-In at 714.544.1759

So I am planning on being there to help sell raffle tickets plus I have never been to the Bug-In

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

der58SC wrote:
Straight from the Bug-In site....

Quote:
May 1 – Bug-In 36 – Fontana... Oh, and don’t forget the VTO/SV2s club raffle.

So I am planning on being there to help sell raffle tickets plus I have never been to the Bug-In

You won't regret it! It is very kool to experience! Bring money too! I always find good deals on all kinds of stuff, even stuff I don't really need! :razz:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:06 am 
Board Member

so you're not coming sir?

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

If I can even take the time, I may go to the Spring Picnic this year. Since I like them both but they seem to be happening at the same time as of late, I thought of doing them like Solvang, every other year. Been to the last 3 BugIns so it's time to do Featherly. Next year, the BugIn and so on. :cool:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:08 pm 
Board Member - OC Chapter Rep.

And miss the 1st bugin campout at Fontana

Hey, I'm the 6th hardcore, that's sooooo coooooool!

69 Campmobile
65 Bug
06 New Beetle
SV2s Member #544

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:36 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

HBwesty wrote:
Camping?

SV2s Member #424

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

BONZIGH70 wrote:
HBwesty wrote:
Camping?

First??? Pfft! :roll:

I "camped" there a few times already! :razz:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:09 pm 

BONZIGH70 wrote:
HBwesty wrote:
Camping?

From what I understand this Bugin is going to host a camper show case/display.

69 Campmobile
65 Bug
06 New Beetle
SV2s Member #544

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:11 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

HBwesty wrote:
BONZIGH70 wrote:
HBwesty wrote:
Camping?

From what I understand this Bugin is going to host a camper show case/display.

Good luck! Hope you win something! :cool:

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:11 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

john albrecht wrote:
i will be in comtact r. kimball regards to getting passes for all raffle helpers , camping yes arrive sat afternoon and enjoy the company of stan / steve and others

:cool:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Im not really sure whats up with the people that put on the Bug In, but for the last two years they've been imposing on the same day the Spring Picnic is on, makes no sense. I think they would benefit more by having their show the day before. It now just looks like they are competeing with Spring Picnic from my impression

Davey Crockett was king of the wild frontier

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:48 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

auslander wrote:
Im not really sure whats up with the people that put on the Bug In, but for the last two years they've been imposing on the same day the Spring Picnic is on, makes no sense. I think they would benefit more by having their show the day before. It now just looks like they are competeing with Spring Picnic from my impression

Good reliable source has stated that the "Picnic" has always been on the same weekend since day Juan. The Bug-In though, being where it is and having to deal with very big headed mucketymucks of the nascar persuation, can only get the dates given to them. The IEBC have in recent years "accomodated" their show day for Saturday. The "Picnic" tried to work with Mr. K. to come up with a compromise but again, the Bug-In date was too late in coming so the "Picnic" was set. THEN the Bug-In date was given to be on the same day and, well, the fan hit it! :sad:

So again I'll say it. I like both and have always helped with the raffle at the Bug-In but the last 2 years was at the expense of missing the "Picnic". So this year I will camp at Featherly and next year I'll do the Bug-In. Just like the Solvang show. :cool:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

pyrOman wrote:
Good reliable source has stated that the "Picnic" has always been on the same weekend since day Juan. The Bug-In though, being where it is and having to deal with very big headed mucketymucks of the nascar persuation, can only get the dates given to them. The IEBC have in recent years "accomodated" their show day for Saturday. The "Picnic" tried to work with Mr. K. to come up with a compromise but again, the Bug-In date was too late in coming so the "Picnic" was set. THEN the Bug-In date was given to be on the same day and, well, the fan hit it! :sad:

same excuse as last year

Davey Crockett was king of the wild frontier

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 pm 

auslander wrote:
pyrOman wrote:

same excuse as last year

Not so much as the same excuse, but more like the same issue. Like Pyro, I did Featherly last year and will do Bugin this year. Either or, I will have fun. Lifes to short to sweat the good stuff.

69 Campmobile
65 Bug
06 New Beetle
SV2s Member #544

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:32 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

I have for many reasons had to miss almost all OEBC Picnics so I hope to make it this year and maybe do Bug-in next year like Pyro. Featherly has nice shade.

SV2s Member #424

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 pm 
Board Member

Is anyone from San Diego going up on Sunday morning??? I would like to caravan up due to the fact I don't know where the venue is. I have been there before but I always follow the bus in front of me and pay no attention to where I am going... :-"

If so..time and place?

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:13 am 
Board Member

I am going Chris but I am driving the Jetta. I know where it is and Google says it will take just over an hour to get there in a car. Venue opens at 6am. Tell me what time you want to meet at the 15 and 76.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 am 
Board Member

I would like to thank everyone that came out to help yesterday sell raffle tickets at the Bug In.

This year they had a new 1641cc COMPLETE engine dyno tested and all as the top prize. The guy that won it paid $20 in raffle tickets and won a set of floor mats before the engine. He turned around and sold the mats for $40 then he won the engine. So he got the engine for free since the extra $20 covered his admission. VTO also had NEW BRM wheels in the raffle. It was a mad house but Parker and I had an awesome time and plan to go next year. :cool:

SV2s #436