All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SV2s Calendar year 2011
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm 
Board Member

So here it is.

Feb 12th Road ralley (Rob and Julie)

March 19th Potluck BBQ Doheny (William)

April Bob Baker (PA)

May 21st-22nd Fraiser Park Campout (Ken)

June 11th OCTO 12th Classic

July 4th Lake Forest Parade and picnic (Dave24)

August 27th FF (John)

September 17th Highway 74 Road trip Casper (Russell or ?)

October 15th Lake Skinner camping (Russell or ?)

November 23rd-27th Butterfield (David)

December 10th Christmas party (OC)

January 2012 BBB

More details to be posted in their own thread but this gives everyone the chance to mark their calendars for the club events. All other events will be in the "Events" section. If you have any events you want to share with the club, try to get them to Tony or Brooks before the first of the month so they can toss it in the NL. If not, post it the "Events" section since we will have a little line that tells everyone that gets the NL to check the site for any spontaneous events.

For the September and October events we will need someone to take ownership of one of them since I do not feel one person should own more than one event. So if someone can please step up and take one of these items off of Russell's hands, he will appreciate it.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm 
Sunshine

der58SC wrote:
So here it is.

Feb 12th Road ralley (Rob and Julie)

March 19th Potluck BBQ Doheny (William)

April Bob Baker (PA)

May 21st-22nd Fraiser Park Campout (Ken)

June 11th OCTO 12th Classic

July 4th Lake Forest Parade and picnic (Dave24)

August 27th FF (John)

September 17th Highway 74 Road trip Casper (Russell or ?)

October 15th Lake Skinner camping (Russell or ?)

November 23rd-27th Butterfield (David)

December 10th Christmas party (OC)

January 2012 BBB

More details to be posted in their own thread but this gives everyone the chance to mark their calendars for the club events. All other events will be in the "Events" section. If you have any events you want to share with the club, try to get them to Tony or Brooks before the first of the month so they can toss it in the NL. If not, post it the "Events" section since we will have a little line that tells everyone that gets the NL to check the site for any spontaneous events.

For the September and October events we will need someone to take ownership of one of them since I do not feel one person should own more than one event. So if someone can please step up and take one of these items off of Russell's hands, he will appreciate it.

Good list of events. If I knew where and what the heck Caspar was (beside a ghost) i would do it, heck I will do it anyway!
Do I have to include Eurovans and Vanagons??? [-X

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
Board Member

Casper off of the 74 between the OC and 909. There was thought of stopping off at Casper or camping there but the first thought was to meet in Temecula and have breakfast. Then drive the 74 to the OC and have lunch. Simple little cruise.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm 
Board Member

As for Euro and Van-a-gones it is up to you. I might have the entire family with me so we will be in the Routan. :cool:

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Caspers is an Orange County camp ground, I have camped there over the years and the park offers a play area for the little ones, and day use is or was $3.00 with day use parking area and good rest rooms, when camping there on sat. night they have a special event for the kids. and once a month they have for the youngin's an astronomy club that offer looking at the star's and planets, my Grand son loved this. so either day use or a camp out I recomend this park, as 5 ***** :grin: What would probley work for OC and SD would be to meet at the park and go from that point on the cruse or ralley.

sv2s member #445 one of the hard core 5, and now there's a 6th.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 pm 
Sunshine

vwjoey wrote:
Caspers is an Orange County camp ground, I have camped there over the years and the park offers a play area for the little ones, and day use is or was $3.00 with day use parking area and good rest rooms, when camping there on sat. night they have a special event for the kids. and once a month they have for the youngin's an astronomy club that offer looking at the star's and planets, my Grand son loved this. so either day use or a camp out I recomend this park, as 5 ***** :grin: What would probley work for OC and SD would be to meet at the park and go from that point on the cruse or ralley.

I think day trip works best, that way everyone can do it. Camping really limits the numbers. As for vehicles, I don't know about your guys, but I thought this was a bus club, which means you drive a bus at club events. Otherwise, what is it? I will defer to the majority opinions but I would strongly suggest making it a "bring your bus event."

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:39 am 
Little League Manager

So no Valentines event? Thats a first. Looks like lots of camping which is what most of us like to do. Nice job guys :smile:

Member #478
*SBS #16*

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:42 am 
Board Member

The Valentine Day event is the Road Rally Rob and Julie are throwing.

I agree with you Dan but in cases like mine, my SC will not hold the entire family. So either I will show with the family in our Routan or I will show with one of my kids in the SC. We will see.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 am 
Board Member

So which is more important:
a. A bus showing up to an event, or..
b. People and families with an interest in buses showing up to an event?

In a perfect world the answer is "all of the above". In William's situation he can't do both unless he brings 2 vehicles to an event. That is not very family friendly.

SV2s Member #401

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 am 
Board Member

I personally would rather have families show than just buses but hey that is just me.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 am 
Sunshine

der58SC wrote:
I personally would rather have families show than just buses but hey that is just me.

I don't know, everyone likes to see pictures of a long line of buses on a cruise or at an event. That's the basis for the get together, driving a bus. Otherwise it is just a social outing, which is fine, but is that main function of a bus club? Or any social club built on a shared interest? For example, I used to by in a medievel recreationist club and it was a tight group. Sometimes we got together outside of group functions and everyone dressed like normal modern people. At other times we got together in official functions were everyone was expected to dress accordingly in medievel clothing. I don't see why it should even be an issue, if it is a bus cruise, then you bring a bus and not a Chevy or a Ford or Toyota. At campouts, those are more social, bring your Winnibago if you want, but a bus cruise should be buses. William, I have plenty of extra space in my bus if you want me to haul some kids. Hell, you can even borrow one of my buses for the day.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:41 am 
Board Member

Thanks Dan for the offer. When we get close to the cruise, I will hit you up if the family is cool with riding in the bus. I know my 2 older kids are cool with it. It is the wife with the new born that I am worried about. But I do agree there is something to be said about a long line of buses cruising along.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 am 
Board Member

In the interest in moving this club forward, all events are open to any vehicle that one might have to move their family. Remember that we do have members that currently do not own a bus or might be having issues with it and cannot drive it. So this is why the events are open to any vehicle but yes, a type 2 is preferred whether a bay or a spit. Though I do not have a passenger bus, I DO have a nice passenger Routan. So it is still a VW and it moves my family. So Dan, unless you want to trade me your DC for my SC (we can swap suspensions) :grin: , I will either show in my SC or my Routan.

der58SC wrote:
there is something to be said about a long line of buses cruising along.

Since I realized I did not put this in here, I will expand on this statement.

There is something to be said about a long line of buses bays AND splits cruising along the freeway. :cool:

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:34 am 
Sunshine

der58SC wrote:
In the interest in moving this club forward, all events are open to any vehicle that one might have to move their family. Remember that we do have members that currently do not own a bus or might be having issues with it and cannot drive it. So this is why the events are open to any vehicle but yes, a type 2 is preferred whether a bay or a spit. Though I do not have a passenger bus, I DO have a nice passenger Routan. So it is still a VW and it moves my family. So Dan, unless you want to trade me your DC for my SC (we can swap suspensions) :grin: , I will either show in my SC or my Routan.

der58SC wrote:
there is something to be said about a long line of buses cruising along.

Since I realized I did not put this in here, I will expand on this statement.

There is something to be said about a long line of buses bays AND splits cruising along the freeway. :cool:

I'll pass on organizing this then. I will organize something in Spring similair to the cruise I did in Fall that will be open to splits only. This will not be a club acitivity, obviously, but of course all club owners in splits are welcomed. And before anyone gets upset, I'm not saying there is anything bad about doing it the way William wants, but it is not in my area of interest. I am only interested in Splits: not bays, Routans, Jeeps or Scions, so if I am going to organize something I will do it for those vehicles I and others are interested in. I'm not saying I won't attend other events, I will, I just need to focus what spare time I have.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm 
Little League Manager

Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:

I don't know, everyone likes to see pictures of a long line of buses on a cruise or at an event. That's the basis for the get together, driving a bus. Otherwise it is just a social outing, which is fine, but is that main function of a bus club? Or any social club built on a shared interest? For example, I used to by in a medievel recreationist club and it was a tight group. Sometimes we got together outside of group functions and everyone dressed like normal modern people. At other times we got together in official functions were everyone was expected to dress accordingly in medievel clothing. I don't see why it should even be an issue, if it is a bus cruise, then you bring a bus and not a Chevy or a Ford or Toyota. At campouts, those are more social, bring your Winnibago if you want, but a bus cruise should be buses. William, I have plenty of extra space in my bus if you want me to haul some kids. Hell, you can even borrow one of my buses for the day.

Werd!

Funny side note, the park to my house has the medieval guys and beer wenches... I mean girls 8-[ like once a month or so. I was walking around the park with my wife and told one of the guys "excuse me, me lord" the look on his face was priceless. I guess if I don't have 50lbs of metal on my body I can't talk like that. :lol:

Member #478
*SBS #16*

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm 
Board Member

OK So we still have 2 events that someone can help with. Anyone?

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:50 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

I will assist whoever steps up for the Caspers park trip. Anyone remember Laura Small? she was the little (2-3 yr. old) girl mauled by the mountain lion years ago... that happened at Caspers wilderness park. I've seen 2 lions there on day hikes in recent years. just a reminder to take the warning signs at the front gate seriously, especially if you bring small kids.

SV2s member #621

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 pm 
Board Member

Thanks for helping out Dave but again I think the idea behind this event was to meet in Temecula for breakfast, shop a little and then head West to Do Ho for a lunch picnic since anywhere East of the 5 will be too hot. So Casper Wilderness Park is too far East and would be too hot possibly?

Besides, we will have all the kids hanging around Bill May so those mountain lions will go no where near the kids. :lol:

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:52 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Sorry, I guess I mis-understood the route/event.

SV2s member #621

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 am 
Board Member

Dave24 wrote:
Sorry, I guess I mis-understood the route/event.

No problem. It is my fault that I posted it with the Casper on the end. Not sure why I typed it in but my apologies.

SV2s #436