www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 pm 
Board Member

OK so since Bob Baker is now in May and not April, shall we move the May event to April that Ken is putting together? Ken what are your thoughts on this?

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 pm 
SV2s Graucho

Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:
I personally would rather have families show than just buses but hey that is just me.

I don't know, everyone likes to see pictures of a long line of buses on a cruise or at an event. That's the basis for the get together, driving a bus. Otherwise it is just a social outing, which is fine, but is that main function of a bus club? Or any social club built on a shared interest? For example, I used to by in a medievel recreationist club and it was a tight group. Sometimes we got together outside of group functions and everyone dressed like normal modern people. At other times we got together in official functions were everyone was expected to dress accordingly in medievel clothing. I don't see why it should even be an issue, if it is a bus cruise, then you bring a bus and not a Chevy or a Ford or Toyota. At campouts, those are more social, bring your Winnibago if you want, but a bus cruise should be buses. William, I have plenty of extra space in my bus if you want me to haul some kids. Hell, you can even borrow one of my buses for the day.

Just don't send any kids my direction.

SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:11 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Dan wrote:
I'll pass on organizing this then. I will organize something in Spring similair to the cruise I did in Fall that will be open to splits only. This will not be a club acitivity, obviously, but of course all club owners in splits are welcomed. And before anyone gets upset, I'm not saying there is anything bad about doing it the way William wants, but it is not in my area of interest. I am only interested in Splits: not bays, Routans, Jeeps or Scions, so if I am going to organize something I will do it for those vehicles I and others are interested in. I'm not saying I won't attend other events, I will, I just need to focus what spare time I have.
Maybe it would be OK if they all kept a mile distance behind when driving to a club event and parked around the corner when they got where they where going. Oh and even better yet, DON"T SIT TOGETHER at said event if your means of transportation that got you to said event IS NOT A SPLIT BUS. Good info to know Dan.

SV2s Member #424

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 pm 
Sunshine

BONZIGH70 wrote:
Dan wrote:
I'll pass on organizing this then. I will organize something in Spring similair to the cruise I did in Fall that will be open to splits only. This will not be a club acitivity, obviously, but of course all club owners in splits are welcomed. And before anyone gets upset, I'm not saying there is anything bad about doing it the way William wants, but it is not in my area of interest. I am only interested in Splits: not bays, Routans, Jeeps or Scions, so if I am going to organize something I will do it for those vehicles I and others are interested in. I'm not saying I won't attend other events, I will, I just need to focus what spare time I have.
Maybe it would be OK if they all kept a mile distance behind when driving to a club event and parked around the corner when they got where they where going. Oh and even better yet, DON"T SIT TOGETHER at said event if your means of transportation that got you to said event IS NOT A SPLIT BUS. Good info to know Dan.

No need to get upset, I said I would oganize something that is not a Club event, but open to all split owners in the club or from anywhere. I've got nothing against Bays, but they just don't interest me and aesthically, I prefer to organize an event that just includes splits. I encourage you and other Bay owners (and Routan owners, too) to do the same. Not every car event has to be a big umbrella.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm 
SV2s Graucho

according to people at the BBB15= rich kimble is starting a bay window club and will have a seperate area at octo -june- for them.
now if i can dig up a fat chick panel-68-71---- i can belong to his group. :grin:

SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm 
Board Member

still don't understand why you can't organize an event for ALL club members Dan. I mean really? :???:

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm 
Sunshine

der58SC wrote:
still don't understand why you can't organize an event for ALL club members Dan. I mean really? :???:

Because Bays and Routans and Scions are not my thing. I am all about the Splits and that's it. Wow, that rhymes!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 pm 
Little League Manager

Dan you seem to catch my scion every time, don't forget I have a 4Runner also. :grin:

Member #478
*SBS #16*

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:

Because Bays and Routans and Scions are not my thing. I am all about the Splits and that's it. Wow, that rhymes!

This is exactly the "one for all, all for one" attitude the club has been lacking as far as support goes.

"If it's not my way, I'm not gonna play with you anymore!"

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm 
Sunshine

Russell wrote:
Dan wrote:
der58SC wrote:

This is exactly the "one for all, all for one" attitude the club has been lacking as far as support goes.

"If it's not my way, I'm not gonna play with you anymore!"

Not true. If some fat chick owner needed some help or parts I'd be there. I just am not interested in organizing an event where it is a vehicular free for all. I don't see the necessity of making every club event a "bring whatever rolls" event. If others feel that way, well, go ahead and organize it and I hope it succeeds. You have to let people participate at a level they feel comfortable with.
In the future I will pick on Pathfinders, too, because actually my Scion reference was directed at Brooks. :razz:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:07 pm 
Board Member

der58SC wrote:

Because Dan likes only splits, and if he want's to exclude non split's on his event ...well so be it! One can choose to go or not! I enjoyed the trail bash he put on, it was a fun time! ...For me ...it would have been ok for a bay to be there (that's me), I didn't really know why there were no bay's there.. I would more inclined to show up at the next one, if all were welcome. Just me!! Kinda sounds like a white bathroom / black bathroom thing.

Splits in the front of the pack.....all others get jack in the back!! Don't send hate mail!

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 pm 
Sunshine

Slayer wrote:
der58SC wrote:

Because Dan likes only splits, and if he want's to exclude non split's on his event ...well so be it! One can choose to go or not! I enjoyed the trail bash he put on, it was a fun time! ...For me ...it would have been ok for a bay to be there (that's me), I didn't really know why there were no bay's there.. I would more inclined to show up at the next one, if all were welcome. Just me!! Kinda sounds like a white bathroom / black bathroom thing.

Splits in the front of the pack.....all others get jack in the back!! Don't send hate mail!

I'm planning on doing another one in Spring, probably late March. If it ain't a split it ain't fit [-X

On a serious note, I also have a 356 Porsche and a 912 Porsche. If the 356 Registry guys put on a cruise I am not going to show up in my 912 (let alone my bus) and I wouldn't expect them to want me to show up in anything but a 356. That doesn't upset me, I figure they are putting it on, and that is the deal, nothing personal. I don't dislike Bays or consider them inferior. In fact when I had Bays I hung out with bay people and ignored the split crowd because that was my interest. Now its splits, so I prefer to hang out with split people in order to discuss split stuff that would bore a bay person or a Routan owner senseless. I just don't see it as some elitist thing, I think Bay owners are too defensive and interpret everything as a slight. Bays are great vehicles, they are mechanically better than a split and have their own sort of charm. Bay owners need some "Bay Pride" and get over this idea that splits are superior and Bays need to be accepted.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:24 am 
Board Member

Dan, If I was in a split only club then I would not disagree with you. But this club is a Type 2 club which means bays AND splits. I know my Routan is no split nor bay BUT it does haul my family and I would like my family to PARTICIPATE in the club events.

So again I will ask the REST of the club. Is anyone willing to take ONE of the events off of Russell's hands and plan it out?

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

bill may wrote:
according to people at the BBB15= rich kimble is starting a bay window club and will have a seperate area at octo -june- for them.
now if i can dig up a fat chick panel-68-71---- i can belong to his group. :grin:

Here you go, Bill.
Be a trendsetter.

Ebay 71 Panel in Northridge, CA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm 
Sunshine

suebug wrote:
bill may wrote:

Here you go, Bill.
Be a trendsetter.

Ebay 71 Panel in Northridge, CA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

I think Bill would rather eat barbed wire.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:39 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

der58SC wrote:
So here it is.

Feb 12th Road ralley (Rob and Julie)

March 19th Potluck BBQ Doheny (William)

April Bob Baker (PA)

May 21st-22nd Fraiser Park Campout (Ken)

June 11th OCTO 12th Classic

July 4th Lake Forest Parade and picnic (Dave24)

August 27th FF (John)

September 17th Highway 74 Road trip Casper (Russell or ?)

October 15th Lake Skinner camping (Russell or ?)

November 23rd-27th Butterfield (David)

December 10th Christmas party (OC)

January 2012 BBB

More details to be posted in their own thread.

I'm thinking this was a bad idea???
Our March event was rained out without any actual rain,
Our April event has been moved to May by the dealership.
We have no event planned for April.
I just talked to Ken who is planning on moving the May event to the first weekend, (no camping?)
and at this time we have no place to put on Familienfest?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm 
Board Member

I was going to reschedule the March event to be in April but later looked at my personal calendar and cannot fit it in. :sad:

FF location.... well we will see what happens Sunday.

SV2s #436