www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10596
Location: Sun Diego
For your Flipping pleasure, here's a local '65 bus. The usual "parked when ran", camper interior made up of different makes like a westy closet with some sort of "other make" bed, psykee-delik cab paint, bug IRS conversion, prolly a 1776 engine with dual carbs, plus a few other issues, etc. Was told the tranny pops 4th or something, which is prolly why it was "parked when ran". :neutral:

Anyway, my friend Lloyd (may still be an SV2s member!?!) is asking only $1000 for it "as is". I was interested in the flipper but as much space as I have now, it's still full of all my stuff so I have to pass on it. His # is 619 296-4281 and the bus is in the area of the I-8, the 163 and Washington Ave. Feel free to contact him for it. Happy flippin'! :cool:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


PS: Please don't ask me about the moped! It doesn't even have a motor! :sad:

He was going to list it in the paper and may still do so, but I figured to post it here first. Prolly will go on thedrambadotcom too!?! :???:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
pyrOman wrote:
For your Flipping pleasure, here's a local '65 bus. The usual "parked when ran", camper interior made up of different makes like a westy closet with some sort of "other make" bed, psykee-delik cab paint, bug IRS conversion, prolly a 1776 engine with dual carbs, plus a few other issues, etc. Was told the tranny pops 4th or something, which is prolly why it was "parked when ran". :neutral:

Anyway, my friend Lloyd (may still be an SV2s member!?!) is asking only $1000 for it "as is". I was interested in the flipper but as much space as I have now, it's still full of all my stuff so I have to pass on it. His # is 619 296-4281 and the bus is in the area of the I-8, the 163 and Washington Ave. Feel free to contact him for it. Happy flippin'! :cool:


Image


PS: Please don't ask me about the moped! It doesn't even have a motor! :sad:

He was going to list it in the paper and may still do so, but I figured to post it here first. Prolly will go on thedrambadotcom too!?! :???:


What am I looking at?

.

:-k I can store :-k

seeing the seller Loyd tomorrow afternoon and yes he is an old member!!! No cuts in line!!
.

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7313
Location: Oceanside, CA
are those speakers on the roof?

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
Stopped by this morning, yes the roof is rough and so are some other areas. I am on my way now to see the owner and see what happens. Pretty sure I will get it. Bumpers are good. Haven't seen the interior yet. One door has ice pick knobs the other has a 64 + knob. I'll keep you posted!!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Posts: 2267
Location: Ocean Beach
I have been wondering....what is that white, uh, "goo" that is all over, around and through the left rear brake drum?

Looks quite nasty.

_________________
Larry in OB
1967 Single Cab, 1969 Westfalia and (**gasp**) 2002 Eurovan Camper
Just for a day I wish he would not talk or tweet. Just one day, please.
SV2s Member #401


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
The goo is not goo it is a web of whatever blows around in the air and gets trapped in a spider web.

I did buy the bus!!! =D> for me! :roll: :shock: 8-[ will probably flip it! He also has a long block, sp, rebuilt by VW Paradise wrapped in plastic it's been in a garage for a couple years. I believe he is asking $300. From what I saw I think it is a fair deal. Bring it to my shop tomorrow!

Oh ....the things on the roof are lights...... classy!! And of coarse there is a bunch of stuff in the bus that I will be going through!


.

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:38 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
Sorry the long block is sold!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 2851
Location: San Diego
Slayer wrote:
Sorry the long block is sold!


Good deal Chris, hope you make some money off of it. Clean it up, get it running and double your money!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10596
Location: Sun Diego
Good deal Slayer!!! =D>

Yes, that bus is rough with plenty of issues... what bus doesn't???? :roll:

It is a good flipper for the price and the better you get it "fixed" the more you will $core! :razz:

A clean up, prep & paint will flip it fairly quick. And I dare say that the IRS, being done properly, will be a plus for the slammer crowd. :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7313
Location: Oceanside, CA
pyrOman wrote:
Good deal Slayer!!! =D>

And I dare say that the IRS, being done properly, will be a plus for the slammer crowd. :cool:


yes it will be :cool: and congrats Chris

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 am 
Offline
Board Member

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:38 pm
Posts: 942
Location: Beautiful San Diego, CA
Way to go, Chris! Are you going to store it at your shop? Let me know if you need any help with it.

Does the ice pick door have the rare adapter striker plate with three holes installed or did someone just drill holes and install the normal striker plate for that style door with sheet metal screws? Or is the push button door the later addition?

_________________
"Do or do not. There is no try."-Silent Bob


Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 pm 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10596
Location: Sun Diego
:cool: :cool:
coolerthanelvis wrote:
Does the ice pick door have the rare adapter striker plate with three holes installed or did someone just drill holes and install the normal striker plate for that style door with sheet metal screws? Or is the push button door the later addition?


There was a "need" at some point to replace the door (may have been missing altogether!?!) and an earlier door was available so it was hacked into it. Fairly easy correction to make. :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
pyrOman wrote:
:cool: :cool:
coolerthanelvis wrote:
Does the ice pick door have the rare adapter striker plate with three holes installed or did someone just drill holes and install the normal striker plate for that style door with sheet metal screws? Or is the push button door the later addition?


There was a "need" at some point to replace the door (may have been missing altogether!?!) and an earlier door was available so it was hacked into it. Fairly easy correction to make. :cool:


I thought it was a cross over year where I got a door from each year :lol:

Yes it will be at my shop later today!

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:21 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
Progress has been great. Today pulled everything out, my dumpster is full, mostly 2 layers of carpet. Found some little treasures, (later on that). This bus is in really good condition, except the roof which is so fixable! The floor is solid all the way around, no major/minor issues, minor behind the pass wheel where all the road contaminants and stuff goes and minor into the rocker. This bus is a blast from the past as documented by all the stickers, decals, wild carpet, interior paint and panels throughout etc etc etc!! I power washed the exterior and all the chalky paint came off, looks good. The front and rear bumpers are almost perfect, may keep them!!? !5" wheels all the way around + 15" spare. I will replace all with 14" .. duh. I have a set of 14" on the side of my house. Another score is a bench seat to an early bus, I was thinking why is there a bench seat in the front? ... the og 1/3 - 2/3 seat was in the back of the bus and is now installed. Also today drained the oil, black it was, the gas tank was dry which is a good thing, all the fuel lines are bad, of coarse, I expected that. !! I will put a starter in and see if it will kick over, the one in is frozen, I have one on the shelf! If it will be a driver it needs a brake job and a ........ trans! ..... Still a nice score!~

.

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10596
Location: Sun Diego
Slayer wrote:
Progress has been great. [blah blah blah this that and the other blah blah] ..... Still a nice score!~

.


I thought so too! Which is why I wanted it in the first place! However, even with all the new space I got, I'm nowhere near ready to do any of my present projects, let alone tackling a whole new one!!! :sad:

FWIW, I am glad I managed to talk Lloyd into waiting for me to see this bus before putting an ad in the newspulper!!! Took me a whole month to get to see it as well as realizing that I was not ready for such a flipper project. Good luck with it, Chris! :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 am 
Offline
Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 2851
Location: San Diego
Slayer wrote:
Progress has been great. Today pulled everything out, my dumpster is full, mostly 2 layers of carpet. Found some little treasures, (later on that). This bus is in really good condition, except the roof which is so fixable! The floor is solid all the way around, no major/minor issues, minor behind the pass wheel where all the road contaminants and stuff goes and minor into the rocker. This bus is a blast from the past as documented by all the stickers, decals, wild carpet, interior paint and panels throughout etc etc etc!! I power washed the exterior and all the chalky paint came off, looks good. The front and rear bumpers are almost perfect, may keep them!!? !5" wheels all the way around + 15" spare. I will replace all with 14" .. duh. I have a set of 14" on the side of my house. Another score is a bench seat to an early bus, I was thinking why is there a bench seat in the front? ... the og 1/3 - 2/3 seat was in the back of the bus and is now installed. Also today drained the oil, black it was, the gas tank was dry which is a good thing, all the fuel lines are bad, of coarse, I expected that. !! I will put a starter in and see if it will kick over, the one in is frozen, I have one on the shelf! If it will be a driver it needs a brake job and a ........ trans! ..... Still a nice score!~

.


Good news. hopefully the engine will fire up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:11 am
Posts: 73
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Nice score Chris. =D> Up here that's easily a $3.5K bus (cash in hand) and probably more. :grin:

_________________
Check out the VW bus scene in the Great Lakes Region at http://www.leakoil.net/index.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
Lurking
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:24 am
Posts: 1480
Location: "The OC"
Slayer wrote:
The front and rear bumpers are almost perfect, may keep them!!?

.


PM sent to you...(I really need bumpers...)

_________________
63 Sub Hatch Westy -- THE HATCH
66 SO42 TinTop
66 Custom Kombi -- GONE TO IRELAND
SV2s #425
"Craig from LA"
_________________
"Three out of four voices in my head say 'Go for it'."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 2851
Location: San Diego
Turbo_g wrote:
Slayer wrote:
The front and rear bumpers are almost perfect, may keep them!!?

.


PM sent to you...(I really need bumpers...)


Have you checked out the Wolfsburg West bumpers? Considering what people are asking for bashed up garbage you might be better off with theirs. I hear that as long as you don't try to mix and match (use old components with their new stuff) they present well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flip Her!
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: San Diego
Dan wrote:
Turbo_g wrote:
Slayer wrote:
The front and rear bumpers are almost perfect, may keep them!!?

.


PM sent to you...(I really need bumpers...)


Have you checked out the Wolfsburg West bumpers? Considering what people are asking for bashed up garbage you might be better off with theirs. I hear that as long as you don't try to mix and match (use old components with their new stuff) they present well.


The bumpers off the flipper are in really good condition!! :grin:

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group