www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

So I'm back in action. Waiting (wanting, needing, and loving when...) for Bill to give me Shiznit! Last weekend I begin to clean up the engine and parts, and repaint the shrouds for the engine for panel van. I made a parts run to vee parts and picked up new clutch kit, and misc. other crapola. I'm hoping that with an hour or 2 after work each night and this weekend, I can get most of it put back together again. However, before I put the engine and trans back in, I NEED to weld up the new GREEEN battery tray that I have. Since there is no battery tray right now.

I know you are saying, "he still hasn't got a welder", after I beotched all about it last summer. Well, yeah, alot of stuff in my yard and house hasn't gone done for years. I finally got to a point where home projects and kids and other stuff can take a back burner while I get this thing back on the road...so I can race David to work. My truck finally crappedout on me to the point where I'm not going to spend money to get it fixed...so......anyway, trying to motivate and get my act together, and hopefully get this thing back on the road to get to the Feb. meeting since it's down the street from my house now...

Anyway...if anyone has a MIG out there they want to sell, then please let me know....135,140,180,200....doesn't matter, I just don't want to buy a new one....and I don't want to buy Chinese caca stuff from Harbor Freight....

I got cash...Help?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am 
Sunshine

tnc19 wrote:
So I'm back in action. Waiting (wanting, needing, and loving when...) for Bill to give me Shiznit! Last weekend I begin to clean up the engine and parts, and repaint the shrouds for the engine for panel van. I made a parts run to vee parts and picked up new clutch kit, and misc. other crapola. I'm hoping that with an hour or 2 after work each night and this weekend, I can get most of it put back together again. However, before I put the engine and trans back in, I NEED to weld up the new GREEEN battery tray that I have. Since there is no battery tray right now.

I know you are saying, "he still hasn't got a welder", after I beotched all about it last summer. Well, yeah, alot of stuff in my yard and house hasn't gone done for years. I finally got to a point where home projects and kids and other stuff can take a back burner while I get this thing back on the road...so I can race David to work. My truck finally crappedout on me to the point where I'm not going to spend money to get it fixed...so......anyway, trying to motivate and get my act together, and hopefully get this thing back on the road to get to the Feb. meeting since it's down the street from my house now...

Anyway...if anyone has a MIG out there they want to sell, then please let me know....135,140,180,200....doesn't matter, I just don't want to buy a new one....and I don't want to buy Chinese caca stuff from Harbor Freight....

I got cash...Help?

Got to Harbor Freight and get a $99 flux core welder. It is easy to use and will do the job. I use one and it is messier than a MIG with gas, it just means more grinding. No biggy. You don't want to be paralysed with inactivity over this, beleive me, once you buy it and get used to it you will wonder why you waited.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:25 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

X2! :cool:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Finding a welder for sale is pretty tough as even when people upgrade they keep their old one for other jobs. I will tell you, I love my Miller 130. BEST tool in my arsenal. Doesn't really help with your plight, but I'm in La Mesa aswell and can load it up some night and bring it over to help.

Let me know,
Aaron
http://www.singlewheel.com

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Dan wrote:
tnc19 wrote:

I got cash...Help?

Got to Harbor Freight and get a $99 flux core welder. It is easy to use and will do the job. I use one and it is messier than a MIG with gas, it just means more grinding. No biggy. You don't want to be paralysed with inactivity over this, beleive me, once you buy it and get used to it you will wonder why you waited.

Um...according to "THE BILL"....that would be a waste of money and a BS move, from the last time we talked about this. I really dont want to deal with the grinding or clean up, and then wanting a new one and spending more cash on another...

But obviously if I get to that point, like in about 10 days and cant wait any longer to get the batter welded back up, then that is what i will do. I have to put the engine back together, and then a break job up front, and then on to the battery tray, which means like another week hunting on Craigs....or ebay..i really dont want to spend 500$ for a used one...I'd like to find a nice 135/140 MIG.....I think that would be nice, but CRaigs hasnt had anything....so if I have to...and worse comes to worse, then Chinese caca it will be....I need to get the battery done b4 putting everything back in that compartment...period. Just hoping someone had a MIG they didn't want anymore, I'd give them cash for it...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

singlewheeldotcom wrote:
Finding a welder for sale is pretty tough as even when people upgrade they keep their old one for other jobs. I will tell you, I love my Miller 130. BEST tool in my arsenal. Doesn't really help with your plight, but I'm in La Mesa aswell and can load it up some night and bring it over to help.

Let me know,
Aaron
http://www.singlewheel.com

If I get to that point, and need to go the "borrowing route" or help route...I definitely will take you up on that...that's what I really want is the Millermatic 140...I think for an amateur like myself, it would make most jobs seem doable at worst...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 am 
Board Member

Good to see you back! I have tried to find that wonderful name brand welder on CL with no success. If I see one listed they generally have been: (a) beat to heck, and/or (b) priced almost like brand new ones. One of these days I will go to HF and get the $99 wire feed welder, a spool of wire, a pile of scrap steel and head to my friend's house for some one-on-one welding training.

I know, for once I am not saying to you "patience". You now have the time to get stuff done, so get 'er done.

SV2s Member #401

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

OB Bus wrote:
Good to see you back! I have tried to find that wonderful name brand welder on CL with no success. If I see one listed they generally have been: (a) beat to heck, and/or (b) priced almost like brand new ones. One of these days I will go to HF and get the $99 wire feed welder, a spool of wire, a pile of scrap steel and head to my friend's house for some one-on-one welding training.

I know, for once I am not saying to you "patience". You now have the time to get stuff done, so get 'er done.

As much as I'd like to think that I have been "motivated" to work on my bus for the love it ....(and I do love being in the garage and not in the house), It really is out of necessity. My daily driver, my trusty Toyota Truck (yeah I said it)...has come to the point where it is no longer Trusty. After 20 years, it is readyor nearing retirement. I am driving the wife's SUV-V8- gas gulping Toyota (yeah I said it again). It's killing me to drive that everyday in more ways than one. So the panel getting back on the road is a mission out of NECESSITY. I can't wait to throw on a hoodie, and then a jacket over that, and bounce down the 125, PASSING David on the way to the Grind...each day.

Harbor Frieght here I come?????????

Still waiting for THE BILL to weigh in and chastize me for my disappearing act, then call me a goof ball for contemplating harbor freight as a solution...hahaha :lol: