www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:21 am 
We've rented a truck for the weekend to start our move from the old house to the new house and strangely enough it has a nitch on the back. :lol:

The Bus isnt going to make the 2 mile drive so we were wondering if anyone had a bus tow bar we could borrow. If at all possible, we'd also like to borrow the receiver part of the hitch (the part with the ball on it that slides into the hitch)

For those of you that dont know us, we bought John Howard's turkis DD Panel a few years ago and have dropped out of the scene a bit lately due to trying to pay off some debt and actually buy a house. Well, we've acomplished that and need to move the bus.

We'd be happy to leave a sizeable deposit of cash or a nice folding Westy ladder or whatever. Hell, your can even tag along and watch us try and tow the bus to the hew house if you want.

We live in El Cajon (near Grossmont College) but can drive to wherever you are.

If you can help, please give me a call or send an email.

Matt@ixdsl.net
619-206-8063

Thanks in advance

Matt and Katie

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:26 am 
Webmaster

So you have the tow hitch alrady you just need the receiver?
And you have a truck to do this with right?
I'm in Lemon Grove not to far from you, give me a call
741-2484

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:31 am 
Board Member

Sounds like they have a tow vehicle with a hitch but no receiver or tow bar. Sorry I can't help you there.

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:50 am 
SV2s Noobie

iveedubbin wrote:
So you have the tow hitch alrady you just need the receiver?
And you have a truck to do this with right?
I'm in Lemon Grove not to far from you, give me a call
741-2484

We have a 4-door Chevy Silverado 1500 (I think) with a hitch, (the square opening on the back), but no receiver (the part that slides into the square opening with the ball on it) and no tow bar. As you can tell, my experience in towing things is limited. Our single wheel trailer is a bit different :wink:

I appologize for not knowing this as I see you are the President/Site Admin, but do you have a name? :D I'd feel a bit odd asking "can I speak to the President"

Thanks

Matt

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:02 am 
Webmaster

My name is David, and I do have a receiver I can let you borrow, but no tow bar. The one we had, we had an OC member take so he can make us one for the club bus for situations just like these.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:16 am 
SV2s Noobie

David, I'll keep you in mind if we find a tow bar.

I'm still figuring out the site, but do you think this would be better off in the "Transporter Talk" forum instead of the "San Diego Chapter" forum?

In looking in the TT forum, it seems most of the talk in there is between SD'ers anyways?

Thanks

Matt

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:38 am 
Webmaster

Matt_and_Katie wrote:
David, I'll keep you in mind if we find a tow bar.

I'm still figuring out the site, but do you think this would be better off in the "Transporter Talk" forum instead of the "San Diego Chapter" forum?

In looking in the TT forum, it seems most of the talk in there is between SD'ers anyways?

Thanks

Matt

Either is fine. If you have a pending issue, such as this one, posting in SD forums is probably better. Most of us on these forums are in SD.

As far as a tow bar, one of our members from OC may be coming down tomorrow (Edit: Sunday) :) with the clubs new tow thingamabob :D (It attaches to the front bumper mounts/bumper has to come off) and works well with a bug tow bar which I do have. I'll keep you posted if he's coming down.

Looks like this
http://sv2s.com/forum//album_page.php?pic_id=299
The club did have a tow bar at some point 3-4 years back, anyone know what happened to it?

Last edited by iveedubbin on Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Tow Bar
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:30 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

I have the tow bars finished, all three are in my bus the one I fabricated might need drilling out where I added on a coner gussett ? not sure need to see bug tow bar to comferm this,now the bad news I am doing carpet cleaning promised my wife this sat. :roll: PS Iam looking for a pannel.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:58 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

When you say tomorrow is that Saturday? I thought the work day was Sunday or is this in addition to Sunday's thing? Reason I'm confused is I thought VWJoey was getting his engine Sunday. I haven't read the other threads yet...maybe help there...doh...Friday work...confused. That's ok, I thought VWJoey was a young guy from Australia (like baby kangaroo). I'll go away now...

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:00 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

No I aint. from austrila, Iam not a kangaroo eather. :lol: :o but I Do have tow bar atachment for bug tow bar, I will try to get to Davids on sun. unless someone could come up here bring my eng. and pick up the bumper atchment bar, that would be ausom , not likley..as Iam right off the fry. easy on off turn around trip. ? any one. :wink: :wink:

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:09 am 
Webmaster

vwjoey wrote:
No I aint. from austrila, Iam not a kangaroo eather. :lol: :o but I Do have tow bar atachment for bug tow bar, I will try to get to Davids on sun. unless someone could come up here bring my eng. and pick up the bumper atchment bar, that would be ausom , not likley..as Iam right off the fry. easy on off turn around trip. ? any one. :wink: :wink:

For some reason, yesterday Friday felt like a Saturday. Funny how BEING ON VACATION will disorient you and you don't even know what day it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways, Joe if you can't make it down we'll make sure you get your motor this coming week. Since you came all the way down when we needed it, we'll deliver it to you.